Flax loaf is great low carb addition to any meal but I enjoy with breakfast
Try Savoy cabbage with olive oil as a low oxalate alternative to spinach
No tomato if doing strict low lectin , thankfully I can now tolerate
- 100g / 1/2 Cup Flaxseed ground
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup or 65ml Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup either melted butter, melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 15 ml / 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C. You need a medium heat as you don’t want to over cook flax.
- Grease a 1lb bread tin with butter/oil and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the butter/oil and water and mix well.
- Add the flax, salt , bicarbonate, fennel and vinegar and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 40-50 mins until firm.