MINT CHOC AVOCADO MOUSSE/ ICE CREAM (SERVES 6)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Makes 6 small portions
Adapted from Dr Gundrys Plant paradox recipe
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 200ml coconut cream (BPA-free) – I use Graces Thai premium
· 1 tsp instant coffee powder or finely ground espresso beans ( I use decaff instant)
· 2 tbsp (non-alkalized) unsweetened cocoa powder ( I use Organic Green and Blacks)
· 5g of xylitol or 15g of maple syrup
· 1-2 Haas avocados, peeled and pits removed ( depend on size 2 small or 1 large)
· 1 tsp pure/ quality vanilla extract ( I use Nielsen Massey)
· 1 tsp pure/ quality peppermint extract ( I use Nielsen Massey)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Put a small portion ( say 50ml) coconut milk, sweetener, coffee and cocoa powder in medium saucepan. Whisk over medium heat and mix until blended.
2. Take off the heat and the mix in the remaining milk, allowing to the mixture to cool.
3. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Add vanilla and mint extract & avocados. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, until cool.
5. Optional you can grate 85% dark chocolate on the top
6. You can also freeze to a firmer consistency and serve later. To do so, transfer to a metal or glass container a
Approx. macros per
Assumption 200g avocado and 15ml of maple syrup
Calories 152 Kcal, Fat 12g, Carbs 7 g, Protein 2g
#LowCarb #LowLectin #HealthyTreat #OptimiseNutrition #DairyFree #GlutenFree