This weeks experiment – fresh and zingy taste. Colleagues approved and asked for recipe so hear goes
• 6 large free range eggs
• 60g of melted odourless coconut oil
• 50g of coconut flour
• Juice and zest of 2 limes
• 1 courgette (around 100g) grated
• 1 tbsp poppy seeds
• 1 – 2 tbps of maple syrup. I find one is enough for me but if baking for friends or family I use 2.
• Pinch of sea salt
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 tbsp unpasturised apple cider vinegar ( this is milder than most varieties)
Combine everything other than courgette, poppy seeds and zest in a bowl. Mix together by hand or in a mixer till smooth and wait a few minutes.
Once mixed fold in zest and courgette and spoon into your pre - greased muffin pan
Put in oven 180oC for 15-20 mins
Macro nutrients per serving ; Protein 5g, Fats 8g, Carbs 12g