If like me you haven’t had bread for years this
is a massive treat!. I adapted a recipe from https://ketodietapp.com/ to reduce the carbs and up the fat and give macros below. Again
freezes well , and eat cold or with a quick
reheat before serving.
· 4 large eggs
· *40g/ 2 heaped tbsp plain whole milk yogurt - see note for paleo
· 40 g coconut flour
· 10g psyllium husks
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
· 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
· 40g sliced kalamata olives
· 2 tbsp minced herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme, etc)
· 30 ml / 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· pinch of salt
*Note: For paleo dairy-free, try plain coconut yogurt, or try coconut cream mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, 15ml olive oil and yogurt. Stir in the dry ingredients until a thick ball of dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and form into a rectangle about ½-inch (2 cm) thick.
4. Add the herbs, a pinch of salt, and the olive oil to a small pot and place over low heat just until the herbs become fragrant.
5. Top the dough with the olives and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes then slice to serve. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Macros if cut in to 6 squares – 7g protein, 15g Fat, 5g carbs each